The editors of the journal Osteoarthritis and Cartilage announce a request for original research papers for a special themed issue addressing “Imaging in Osteoarthritis” to span preclinical to clinical as well as focus on specific hot topics. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Role of imaging in translational research (e.g. multi modality microimaging in OA animal models)
- Clinical applications of imaging in OA
- The role of imaging in acute joint injury
- The role of imaging in early hip and knee OA
- Imaging of cartilage and bone including promises and pitfalls of imaging in clinical trials
- Imaging of joint tissues other than cartilage and bone
- Functional imaging in OA
- The deadline for submission is February 1st, 2014.
Submission, Review Process, and Timeline
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal Osteoarthritis and Cartilage no later than February 1, 2014, using the journal’s online submission process. An accompanying cover letter should state that the manuscript is intended for the special issue on Imaging in Osteoarthritis.
Manuscripts will undergo peer review, overseen by guest co-editors David Hunter MBBS PhD, Tim Mosher MD and Frank Roemer MD and by Editor-in-Chief, Stefan Lohmander, MD PhD.
The planned publication date for this special theme issue is October 2014.
Please consult our author guidelines for more information on the journal's policies, author instructions and the submission process.
If you have any questions about this Special Issue, please contact either Drs. Hunter , Mosher or Roemer.